Log in or Register
Ossett United 2
Ibrahim (17'), Amponsah (47')
4 Dunston
Pearson (31' pen, 77', 90'), Djalo (73')

REPORT | Ossett United 2 - 4 Dunston UTS

Dunston continued their perfect start to the season with a 4-2 win away to Ossett United, thanks to a Sado Djalo goal and a hat-trick from Dale Pearson.

The home side took the lead through TJ Ibrahim in the 17th minute before Pearson equalised for Dunston in the 31st minute.

Ossett regained the lead in the 47th minute through Desmond Amponsah before Djalo equalised in the 73rd minute. Pearson then netted two inside the final 15 minutes to claim his hattrick and all three points for Dunston.

Dunston made a slow start to the game with Dan Staples making several saves in the opening 10 minutes to keep the scores level.

Ossett kept the pressure on though and broke the deadlock in the 17th minute when Ibrahim slotted the ball into the bottom corner.

Dunston started to grow into the game the more the half wore on and were almost level in the 24th minute through Djalo but his effort went over the bar.

Seven minutes later it was Djalo causing problems for the home sides defence once again when he was brought down inside the box with the referee awarding a penalty. Pearson stepped up to take the spot kick and made no mistake sending the keeper the wrong way to bring the away side level in the 31st minute.

Dunston remained on top as half time approached and were awarded a free kick on the edge of the box following a foul on Pearson. Phil Turnbull took the resulting free kick, but his attempt went over the bar.

Into the second half and Dunston started the half second best once again and were punished after failing to clear a corner. Amponsah put the hosts back in front with a low strike at the near post.

The away side were looking for their second equaliser of the game and came close when David Robinson’s shot from six yards out went over the top.

Jordan Lamb pulled the ball back to Djalo in the 60th minute but his attempt once again didn’t find the target.

Frustration started to grow for Dunston and Staples was booked in the 67th minute after some argy bargy between him and and Fabian Bailey.

Dunston got their equaliser in the 73rd minute when Pearson flicked on Turnbull’s corner into the path of Djalo at the back post.

The teams were only level for four minutes before Pearson chased down a long ball forcing the Ossett defender into a mistake leaving Pearson to roll the ball into an empty net.

Pearson almost completed his hattrick in the 88th minute but was denied by Joe Green.

Moments later Pearson completed his hattrick and wrapped the game up in stoppage time when his attempt from inside in the area deflected past the Green.

Dunston will be looking to keep their 100% start to the season intact on Saturday 19th August when they travel to Knaresborough in the FA Cup.

Written by Callum Jacques

Image credit - Beauty Time Photography

Published Wednesday 16th August 2023