Log in or Register
North Ferriby 0
1 Dunston
Maskell (24')

REPORT | North Ferriby 0 Dunston UTS 1

A first half header from Jack Maskell saw Jon McDonald’s men record back-to-back wins and further boost the promotion hopes.

There was one change to the starting line-up as the captain, Michael Pearson, returned to action. JJ Chrisp moved to the bench. 

It was a blistering opening half an hour from Dunston as the away side started the game brightly. David Robinson whipped a dangerous cross into the box which narrowly evaded the head of the oncoming Dale Pearson.

Pearson then had an even better chance ten minutes later as Djalo played the ball across the box to him however, his effort was directed straight into the arms of Tom Jackson.

The deadlock was then broken a couple of minutes later as Dunston took the lead at the midway point of the half. A pinpoint corner delivery from Phil Turnbull was met by the head of the leaping Jack Maskell, who powered the effort into the back of the net.

Dunston continued to press in search of another goal. Dale Pearson went close again on the half-hour mark as he skinned Wallis down the right, opened his body, and curled an effort into the gloves of Jackson.

Djalo was looking lively on the other wing and he chanced his luck taking aim from the edge of the box, but his effort was marginally wide of the post.

In the closing stages of the half, the hosts began to grow into the game and Jack Johnson came close with a header however, it was blocked by his own teammate.

Into the second half, and Maskell almost doubled his tally for the afternoon. The ball landed at the forwards’ feet on the edge of the box, but his dinked effort landed wide of the target.

The hosts then began to get on top and enjoyed a dangerous spell of their own. Man of the Match Dan Staples was called into action as he denied a Josh Whitely free kick from sailing into the top corner.

Moments later, Staples was forced to produce another save denying what looked to be an equaliser. The Dunston shot stopped then denied Whiteley from levelling the game in a superb five minute spell.

With ten minutes to go, The Villagers continued to search for the equaliser as Dom Roma came close with a header, but it was only good enough to hit the side netting.

With five minutes of stoppage time indicated by the referee, Dunston began to manage the game to preserve the lead. The lead was almost doubled as two second half substitutes combined.

JJ Chrisp danced his way through the North Ferriby defence and pulled the ball back for Wayne Phillips however, the latter’s effort was smothered by Jackson between the sticks.

Dunston were able to see out the game and record back-to-back wins and clean sheets. Next up, we host Stocksbridge Park Steels at Consett’s Belle View Stadium.

Come and back the lads this Tuesday night, your support is massive in the run-in!

Report by Callum Pattison 

Image Credit - Beauty Time Photography

Published Saturday 2nd March 2024