5th September 2017
Northern League Division One
Ryhope CW 0
Dunston UTS3

Attendance 127

n in form Dunston were on their travels again this time to another in form side Ryhope CW in the EBAC Northern League
Div 1. Currently
Ryhope in Sixth place in the league , a place above Dunston, Dunston manager Chris Swailes has had to make a change as Michael Pearson is unavailable due to a long planned vacation and is replaced by fit again Dale Burrell
and newly signed Daniel Lowther is added to the bench.

Ryhope CW: Ball, Tunbull, Cocks, Riding, Paxton,Trewick, Skidmore, Bott
(Home- Jackson. 63), Melvin (Davis 63), Weirs (Milburn 63), Nicholson. Subs not used: Cairns, Ord.

Dunston UTS: Grant, Elliott, Halliday, Stafford (Rundle 45), Pollock, Hall,
Thear(Anderson 69), Burrell, Fitzpatrick, Heslop (Lowther. 81), Martin. Subs not Used : Harrison, Drane.

Dunston started strongly and pressing high up the field and almost took
the lead on 6 minutes as Fitzpatrick flicked a Thear pass goal-wards only to see it cleared off the line. On 11 Dunston were denied a penalty as Thear was cLeary fouled as he travelled into the box and then Thear again tried a shot across the Ryhope goal on 12, which went just past the far post.

19, Elliot fired a shot over the bar after Halliday had crossed. A disastrous error by Grant on 20 as he collected a long through ball outside of his penalty area, as he tried to prevent an attack, the referee gave him a caution and awarded a free kick which Bott fired just wide of the target. This errors do let off seemed to forge Dunston to push on and restricted
Ryhope's attacks to the odd breakaway mopped up by the steady Dunston
back four. On 30, Dunston got their first goal as Ryhope defended a corner, the ball came out to Hall who made space and fired a 20yard shot past a packed defence and goalkeeper Ball into the bottom corner of the net.

Dunston had further chances to increase their lead up to half time
but were denied by some fortunate and resolute defending.

Half Time Score: Ryhope 0 -1 Dunnston

The second half started a little more evenly as Ryhope kicked down the
slope but it was Dunston who were still putting the Ryhope defence under pressure and on 56 a rampant run by Halliday saw the ball fed out to Thear who played in a low cross into the six yard box, where Haalliday was on hand to apply a side footed shot into the net to make it 2-0 to Dunston.

Ryhope tried to change things by the introduction of 3 attacking
substitutes who did put the Dunston defence under a bit of pressure but they were up to the challenge except on 67 minutes when Grant was called upon to save as Milburn was played into the box and tried to chip a shot over him. Dunston continued to press the Ryhope defence and on 78 minutes as Fitzpatrick could just not make contact to an Anderson cross and Rundle following up hammered in a shot from 15 yards to make it 3-0 to Dunston. On 84, debutee Lowther on as substitute swerved a low free kick from 20 yards around the wall and just past the post and Dunston were again denied as Lowther drove a shot past the left hand upright. Ryhope failed to get a late consolation on 90 minutes as Davis fired a shot from 30 yards wide of the far post. In added time Anderson almost made
it four as his driven cross into the area found Martin whose shot from 8
yards was deflected clear of the goal.

Final Score: Ryhope CW 0 -3 Dunston UTS

This was a great performance from the whole team, their work rate
surprised the strong and resilient Ryhope side. Apart
from the odd error
Dunston defended well and immediately put The Ryhope side under pressure with some tantalising play from Thear, and Fitzpatrick linking up front and supported by Stafford and Burrell.

Dunston Man of the Match: Ben Pollock, his resolute defensive work gave
a sound benchmark for his side to pressurise
the Ryhope side and
promote a great display and victory.

Next Home Game: Bishop Auckland in
Durham Challenge Cup on 12 September 2017 7:30 KO.