Log in or Register
Stockton Town 3
Owens (8'), Hayes (67'), Mulligan (71')
0 Dunston
Stockton away

Stockton Town vs Dunston UTS FC - Match report

Dunston suffered their 4th straight loss of the season as they slumped to a 0-3 defeat away to newly promoted Stockton Town.

Chris Swailes’ side have now failed to score in their last 3 league games as their worrying run of form continues.

Swaz made changes to the side that had lost away to League leaders Liversedge on Saturday; Captain Craig Scott returned to the side, having recovered from injury, whilst Michael Pearson and Matty Pattison were unavailable, Jake Stafford was on from the start with Liam Thear preferred in attack to Jack Elliott who started from the bench.

Dunston found themselves a goal down with only 8 minutes of the game played. Jamie Owens seized upon a rebound as Nathan Mulligan, who had caused problems down the wing throughout the contest, was denied from close range.

Dunston enjoyed good spells of possession and pressure during the first half, without being particularly threatening on goal.

Stockton keeper Callum Roberts had his crossbar to thank as Craig Scott cannoned a ferocious effort against the woodwork from the edge of the box.

The visitor’s claims for a penalty were waived away by the referee towards to end off the 1st half despite an apparent handball inside the box.

There was little between the two sides in the first half, although Stockton had looked the more threatening in the final third, there was still plenty to play for come the start of the second half as the hosts went into the break with a slender 1 goal lead.

However come the second half, a change in Dunston’s fortunes failed to materialise. A misplaced Phil Turnbull pass in the middle of the park was punished, as a quick through ball opened up space to send Kevin Hayes racing away. The forward powering his effort into the bottom corner of Connells net as the hosts further extended their lead on 67 minutes.

4 minutes later the contest was as good as over, Nathan Mulligan connecting onto the end of a Kevin Hayes precise delivery from the left, to guide to ball into the net.

Liam Thear had a chance to pull one back minutes later, following some good link up play, his back heeled effort went just wide of the upright.

Dunston now need to lift themselves and arrest their poor run of form as they face Frickley Athletic at The UTS Stadium this coming Saturday.

Once again Dunston’s travelling were out in force again last night and a massive amount of credit must go to those who made the journey down.

Published Thursday 16th September 2021