Log in or Register
Marske United 4
Butterworth (25'), Boyes (31', 70'), Dicicco (32')
0 Dunston
Marske Utd away

Marske Utd vs Dunston UTS FC - Match report.

Dunston’s winning streak was brought to an abrupt end by Marske Utd. The hosts scoring three goals in the space of an incredulous 7 minutes, with Dunston seemingly unable to recover beyond that point.

Despite starting the game well enough, Marske were ruthless in attack and took full advantage of the opportunities that they were gifted.

Jake Stafford should have opened the scoring for Dunston on 17 minutes, played in one on one by Jack Elliott, Staff’s shot was hit straight at the legs of Marske Utd keeper Ryan Catterick.

Against the run of play Marske Utd opened the scoring. A superb first time cross from Connor Smith evading any red shirts gathered in the box, as Glen Butterworth caught his shot on the volley and put the ball beyond Liam Connell.

The game turned beyond this point, as Marske’s attacking play went into overdrive. 6 minutes later, a launch deep into the channel from Catterick and a deflection off Michael Hall, allowed James Fairley to glide unopposed into the box. With options lined up, and time to pick out a pass, he rolled the ball to the back post to gift Adam Boyes with the simplest of tap ins.

Dunston’s inability to retain possession was further punished as loose passes were picked off with consummate ease.

Within the space of a minute Marske were 3 up.  Dunston having been turned around too easily, Marske were quicker in transition. A long ball up field was played into Adam Boyes, arguably in an offside position, he picked out an unmarked McKenzie Diciccio through a sea red shirts, as the forward easily slotted the ball into the far corner.

Marske were making light work of things. Too many times they were able to get in behind the Dunston defence. The situation exacerbated by Dunston’s attacking line been bereft of controlling possession or stringing passes together.

In truth, the score line could’ve been a lot higher going into the break as Dunston looked shell shocked.

Dunston faced an uphill struggle of Sisyphus like proportions. The highlight of the second half came In the form of good turn by Scott Heslop, his resulting effort on goal firmly clutched by Catterick.

The second half didn’t get any better. With the score-line posed as it was, Marske were able to dictate possession, absorb pressure and play on the counter.

This was made evident on 70 minutes as Dunston failed to clear a corner. An Adam Boyes effort was half parried by Connell, the ball merely landing back into the forwards feet as he planted his effort into the bottom corner.

A glimmer of a consolation goal came with the introduction of Eddie Thomas late in the game. A ball in from substitute Mechack Kanda was picked off Thomas’ toes by the quick reactions of Catterick. Thomas went close to getting his first goal in a Dunston shirt towards the end of the game. The youngster showing good strength to roll well off his marker; his resulting effort on goal flashing narrowly wide of the post.

Dunston UTS FC Man of the Match:

Goes to Dunston’s fantastic travelling support who made the journey down to Marske, came down in numbers and never stopped trying to lift the team. Your support, as ever, is greatly appreciated.

Published Tuesday 31st August 2021