12th August 2017
Northern League D1
Dunston UTS 2
Consett AFC 0
Att 121

Dunston welcomed neighbours Consett to the Dunston UTS Stadium for their second game of the season. After last Tuesday's defeat to Shildon by 4-2 Dunston welcome Dale Burrell into the team replacing Jiri Dobes and Andy Clark was standing as reserve goalkeeper. Consett were without former Dunston player Danny Craggs and an injured goalkeeper Knight was replaced just before the kick off by Ross Coombe.

Dunston UTS:
Grant, Elliott, Haliday, Pearson, Jones, Hall, Thear, Burrell, Fitzpatrick (Heslop 45), Stafford, Rundle (Drane 14).
Subs not used : Clark, Anderson, Swailes.

Coombe, Convery (Rogan 45), Lavery, Hawkins, McKinnon, Ryder, Smith, Teasdale (Elliott J 45), Sweet,
Mackay, Slocombe. Subs not used Lawrence.

Dunston put pressure on from the start and on 6 minutes Coombe had to punch clear a Rundle free kick from the right
and on 11, Coombe again deflected a Pearson shot round the right upright. After 15 minutes Fitzpatrick was pushed
in the box by Hawkins and the referee awarded a penalty, Burrell fired the free kick on target but an amazing dive by
Coombe to his left saw him save the ball. Consett replied on 18 as Sweet crossed towards Mackay but Hall got back
to head clear.
v Consett AFC 

On 20, a combination of three players cleared a Pearson cross off the goal line, followed by a Burrell header that just
went past the far post. Dunston took the lead on 24 as Burrell played a low cross into Thear, Thear controlled and laid
off to Stafford who placed his shot past Coombe and into the far left corner of the goal. Consett replied and on 25 Smith's cross was just too high for Mackay at the back post, and again four minutes later Smith hit a 40 yard shot not
too high over the cross bar. On 31 Sweet saw his effort from the lecture blocked by Grant to win a corner.

Dunston replied on 32 as Elliott played in across just too high for Stafford at theback post, before two minutes later
Sweet played in across which just evaded Mackay again. A close shave for Dunston as Teasdale fired in allow shot
which slipped away from Grant, fortunately Grant recovered and collected the ball.

On 40 Grant did well to hang on to a Teasdale low drive before Burrell at the opposite end saw his headed attempt
saved by the keeper and the rebound cleared by the defence.

Half Time Score: Dunston 1- 0 Consett

v Consett AFC 

Consett started brighter in the second half as on 47 Sweet beat the offside trap and got through only to fire wide,
two minutes later Burrell saw his shot deflected wide by the goalkeeper Coombe and pushed round the post. On 55,
Stafford drove a all into the back post, Heslop tried to direct his shot but it went into the side netting. Eleven minutes
laterPearson saw his 25 yard effort saved and 5 minutes later Pearson turned in the box and shot, his shot was deflected just over the bar. On 76, Stafford tried a shot from 25 yards go just past the far post.

v Consett AFC 

On 78 Burrell played a ball into Thear inside the penalty area a clumsy challenge by Rogan saw Thear fouled and
Dunston had their second penalty. Burrell stepped up and slammed the ball past Coombe from the spot to make it
2-0 to Dunston.

Consett kept the game going with their 10 men after Ryder had been sent off on 64 for stamping but were unable to
break through the Dunston defence despite a Sweet effort on 85. Three minutes later Thear was played into the box
and shot only to see Coombe save again. On 89, Mackay headed over after a square ball cross from Sweet. In added
time Burrell almost put icing on the cake as he shot past Coombe and hit the post just as the final whistle was blown.

Final Score: Dunston UTS 2 Consett 0

Dunston Man of the Match: Michael Hall another solid performance in defence giving the likes of Burrell, Pearson
and Thear the opportunities to push on and cause bother at the other end.

Referee, S. Kyle, Assisiatnts, M. Gatiss and P. Burt.

Match pictures

Next Dunston Home game: against Morpeth Town on Tuesday 22 August 2017 7:30pm KO